There are only two weekends left in October and it’s time to kick it up a notch. No Halloween party plans, no problem. You can totally make your own party with this Spooky Spicy Halloween Margarita!
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup orange juice (fresh or concentrate)
- 5 oz. Blood-orange margarita mix
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (I used Franks Red Hot)
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup
- 2-3 oz. tequila
- Garnish with orange slices or lime wedges or black salt (optional)
Fast and Easy Black Salt Rim Garnish:
1 tablespoon of sea salt
4 drops blue food coloring
4 drops red food coloring
Mix very well together
Add tiny bit of lime juice around glass rim and dip glass in black salt
- Put ice, blood orange mix, orange juice, lime juice, Agave syrup, hot sauce, and tequila in a blender and blend well.
- Pour into glass
- Garnish with black salt rim or fresh fruit (optional)
As usual, this recipe is highly modifiable. Too spicy, add more juice. Want more spice, add more hot sauce. Want more alcohol, add another ounce of tequila.
I’ve heard rumblings that recipes with “premade” ingredients aren’t good recipes. Well, to that I say, congradu-friggin-lations on having your life in order long enough to make stuff from scratch, but the rest of us don’t have time for that. Now, move along, you’re blocking the blender. It’s time for Spooky Spicy Halloween Margaritas!