CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER: AVA HARRISON
Ava Harrison correctly submitted 8.5 of 10 answers in Comments section of this Halloween trivia quiz below and won herself a Sam Trick or Treat button pin created by artist Diana Levin of Ghoulish Bunny Studios.
HALLOWEEN TRIVIA/ANSWERS IN RED
- What is the name the Celtic festival that inspired the origins of Halloween? Samhain
- What are at least two other ways to address Halloween? Hallowmas or All Hallows Eve, All Saints Eve, Allhallowe’en, Hallowe’en
- The term Halloween was coined from a poem written by which famous Scottish Poet? Robert Burns
- The roots of carving jack-ol’-lanterns grew from what tragic fable? Stingy Jack
- What famous magician died on Halloween? Harry Houdini
- What infamous radio broadcast aired at 8pm on Halloween night in 1938? War of the Worlds
- What U.S. state was admitted into the Union on October 31st? Nevada
- What is the real name of those strange little candies with orange and black wrappers? Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses or Melster Peanut Butter Kisses
- What’s the name of song that appeared in two Halloween franchise movies? Mr. Sandman by the Chordettes – Halloween II/H2O
- According to old superstition, if a young woman looked into a mirror by candlelight at midnight on Halloween, what would happen? She’d see the face of her future husband/lover
For further details and rules of contest, please go here:
Tune in next Tuesday to see if you’ll receive a trick or a treat.
One thought on “Trick or Treat Tuesday”
2) All Saints’ Eve & All Hallows Eve
3) Robert Burns
4) Celtic folklore tells the tale of a drunken farmer named Jack who tricked the devil, but his trickery resulted in him being turned away from both the gates of heaven and hell after he died.
6 )“The War of the Worlds”— Orson Welles
8) Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses
9) Lauri’s theme?
10) She will see her true love over her shoulder