Happy Halloween 2020!
Share an original and scary Halloween or horror-related haiku throughout the entire month of October, using the hashtag #Halloweenhaikuchallenge2020 for a chance to win a copy of Pumpkins and Party Themes: 50 DIY Designs to Bring Your Halloween Extravaganza to Life by Roxanne Rhoads of A Bewitching Guide to Halloween.
There are three ways to share your haiku:
- Post your haiku here in the comment section of this specific blog post. After review, I will make your haiku visible to the public.
- Post your haiku on Twitter, using the hashtag #HalloweenHaikuChallenge2020 and tag me @halloweenhaiku9 to ensure that I see your post.
- Post your haiku on Instagram, using the hashtag #HalloweenHaikuChallenge2020 and tag me @Halloweenhaiku9 to ensure that I see your post.
1) Originality. (you must be the sole author of the haiku you post, no exceptions)
2) Scares. The scarier the better! It is Halloween after all.
3) Style. All haiku, senryu, zappai are eligible and should fall within the usual standard 17 syllables (5-7-5). Sorry, Tanka or any other style of poetry is not acceptable for purposes of this contest. We’re not hating, just a matter of space and time.
4) Participants may post up to three haiku for consideration.
The winner, chosen and announced on November 1st, will be gifted a copy of Pumpkins and Party Themes: 50 DIY Designs to Bring Your Halloween Extravaganza to Life by Roxanne Rhoads of A Bewitching Guide to Halloween. Winner will receive the book via Amazon, standard shipping rates apply. Sorry, US residents only.
All works are copyright of their respective owners. By participating in this contest, you agree that Halloween Kristy can use your haiku to further promote this contest and www.halloween-haiku.com on social media (Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) Unauthorized use, modification, reproduction or distribution of copyright poems entered into 2020 Halloween Haiku Challenge without express written permission from the copyright owner is strictly prohibited.
For further details on contest rules, please visit:
Halloween Kristy reserves the right to remove and discredit any haiku and/or images posted here or on social media containing plagiarized or copyrighted material, pornography, vulgarity, bigoted, racist, or sexist views.
3 thoughts on “Halloween Haiku Challenge 2020”
the pumpkin puts on
his best face