Happy National Pumpkin Day!
Pumpkins are the most important element of the Halloween season. It is the symbol of Halloween itself. Pumpkin desserts have been getting a bad rap lately because of pricey, syrupy pumpkin spice drinks served at the coffee place that shall not be named, but pumpkins themselves are quite healthy, being high in potassium, vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants. So, remember to look up some creative ways to use leftover parts of your carved pumpkin this weekend.
Cooking Classy knows the perfect way to end the Halloween season with this fangtastic recipe for Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars.
Ingredients (12 servings)
- 1 1/4 cups (176g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (116g) quick oats (old fashioned works too)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (105g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (55g) packed-light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (296g) canned pureed pumpkin
- 1/3 cup (85ml) evaporated milk or half and half
- Sweetened whipped cream and cinnamon , for serving (optional)
For the full recipe and baking instructions, please go here: https://www.cookingclassy.com/pumpkin-pie-crumb-bars/
Spice up your Thanksgiving by serving these crumb bars instead of boring ole pumpkin pie. Your family will thank you.